COVID 19 Vaccine:
We understand that there are a lot of questions related to the COVID 19 vaccine and distribution. At this time, we do not have any definitive information about the COVID vaccine availability and distribution in our area, other than Munson Hospitals will likely get a small shipment this week for high-risk staff. We do know the vaccines are being allocated in a phased approach:
Phase 1a: All Healthcare providers, Healthcare support, Emergency Services and Public Safety Personnel
Phase 1b: Other Essential Workers
Phase 2: High-risk individuals
Phase 3: Healthy population
We do not have any plans for a wait list and are unsure of how long it will be until we have access to the vaccine. We will send a communication when we have more information about COVID vaccine and their availability to the public.
Please continue to practice health habits to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For more information on the COVID 19 vaccine please contact the Grand Traverse Health Department at 231-995-6111 or click the link below.
For patients 65 and up click the link below and you will see a red box. Click the link for 65 and up to be placed on a list for scheduling.
Testing information in Grand Traverse County you can get tested for COVID-19 at:
NO ORDER IS NEEDED FOR THE LOCATIONS BELOW, YOU CAN BE TESTED IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OR NOT
* Northwest Michigan Health Services (231-642-5292): By appointment only. Please leave a voicemail and they will return your call.
* Rite Aid (231-943-9288). No doctor recommendation is needed. Online scheduling is required:
* Walgreens in Traverse City: The one located at Chums Corners. An appointment is required. No doctor's recommendation is needed.
* Crystal Lake Clinic (5191 Rosewood Dr., Traverse City, 231-922-0667): Symptomatic or asymptomatic. Telehealth visit required. You do not have to be a current patient and can usually provide a same-day test. They will bill insurance or $55 if no insurance. Appointment preferred or can drive-up and call from the parking lot.
* The Walk-In Clinic (3074 US-31, Traverse City, 231-929-1234):
AN ORDER IS REQUIRED AND YOU MUST BE SYMPTOMATIC TO BE TESTED AT THE BELOW LOCATION
* Munson’s Foster Family Community Health Center (231-935-9269): At this location, a provider's note is required and only those with symptoms may be tested.
GARY S. RUOFF, D.O.
FAMILY PRACTICE AND OSTEOPATHIC MANIPULATION 231.935.0580
Dr. Gary S. Ruoff D.O. 201 S. Garfield Ave, Traverse City, MI 49686 Ph. 231-935-0580 Fax 231-935-0584